Monday, February 9, 2009

Welcome!

Are you intrigued by the health benefits or the harm-causing aspects of certain foods? Do you want to know exactly what the term 'monosaturated fat' means, what it does and how you would use it? Can you efficiently read Nutrition Labels on the sides of your cereal boxes? Or do you simply love food? If you said yes to any of these questions (you'd be crazy if you didn't say yes to my last question), you've found the right blog for you.

My name is Anna and I am a Nutrion Sciences major, and I answered yes to all of those questions. Food is almost something we all take for granted. We need it to survive, yet we as the general public are not so well informed on the unbelievable amount of ways it can affect us. There are foods you can eat or drink that can give you more energy, more focus and more drive without the use of supplements (where do you think those supplements come from anyway? Food!). There are foods that can relieve anxiety, stomach pains, even acne. And the great thing is, most of these foods are ones you are aware of.

My goal here is to introduce you to some of the wonderful aspects of foods and how it can affect you in a good way. I am going to do this by introducing a food, or a prominent mineral. Then, I will explain how it affects you, or why you need to eat it. Finally, I will give you fun and interesting ways of eating the food, so you can get right to work! I'm also going to leave great websites and CookBooks for you to look at when you're not spending all your time here (because once you get interested, you're hooked. Trust me.) I'm all about making you happier and healthier through the best way possible: FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment